Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sweet Sketch 15 and Sweet Sketch Double Take
Sweet Sketch Wednesday

This week is the Fifteenth Week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We are doing two sketches this week...so take a few moments and head over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday to see what the Design Team has created...You will be inspired to create your own cards this week. If you play play either sketch, you may be one of the lucky winners as our sponsor this week is The Cutting Cafe. As a winner you will be able to choose three stamps sets from The Cutting Cafe. Check out all the details at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Birds of a feather flock together...

I had so much fun creating this card. When I purchased the bird stamps, I knew I wanted to create a beach card. For the past 32 years our family has enjoyed the beauty of Cannon Beach in Oregon. The only thing this card is missing is Haystack Rock and all the critters that are found there. I was able to locate a baby sand dollar from our adventures and added it to the card. The birds have been stickled to add some sparkly dimension. When I found the blue stripe paper in my stash, I thought it might look like the ocean. The tan paper has a very granual look and has various specks so I thought it was a good choice to replicate the sand.


Below is a closer view of the birds...

Don't forget to look at the Double Take, too!



Daddy Seagull


Baby Seagull


Mama Seagull
Sweet Sketch Double Take

Regina at The Cutting Cafe is our sponsor this week. Check out her site and view her digi stamps. I love Halloween so I chose the Ekk, Ekk, Ekk, Ekk Spider and the Happy Halloween sentiment. I'm not sure why I chose the spider...because I hate spiders...I think this one looks too real! But I suppose that is what makes Halloween scary. I loved using my new Martha Stewart Spider Web border punch.
I have two versions of this card. Tell me which one you like! The stamped image included the Ekk, Ekk, Ekk, Ekk web. I added orange stickle to the spider's eyes.



Happy Halloween Supplies:
Stamp: The Cutting Cafe: Halloween This and That
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Black, My Mind's Eye Boo! To You "Fright Night" Paper, Bo Bunny's Back to Backs
Embellishments: MS Spider Webs, Ribbon, SU Modern Label
Hope you have a great week. Thanks for all the wonderful comments.

7 comments:

  1. These are so fabby! Love those birdies, and yep I hate spiders too, all crawly with too many legs - YUCK!!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun cards! I love your little birds and the glitter you added! Your work is just wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! I love both of these so much!! I am so glad that you zoomed in on your birds because from a distance I couldn't appreciate the glitter. I also love the sand dollar touch! Your Halloween card is so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Judi. The birds are so great! I love them and the sand dollar adds the perfect touch. The spider card is really cute too. I like the first one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Judi!! I love the sparkle you added to the sweet birds on the first card!! The Halloween card is fun with the spiderweb border framing the spider image. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judi you know I love your beach card. Those bird are just to cute!!! love the added sand dollar. You hallowen card is fun too. Love that you added the spider in the middle of the web. Thanks so much for always helping me with editing my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little birds are just perfect!
    I wish I was on a beach somewhere with them!
    Both cards are just great!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sweet Bloomin Scraps. My name is Judi. As you can see, my blog is a little of everything from crafts to cooking and sewing. My two sisters, Nancy and Arlana,are my greatest inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will come back often.

Arlana Patten, Owner

Bugaboo Stamps

A Day for Daisies

Digi Stamp Boutique

Cute As A Button

Doodle Pantry

Meljen's Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Clear Dollar Stamps

Elisabeth Bell

Saturated Canary Digis

The Stamping Boutique

Stamp Fairy

Deidre Mosher Designs

Sassy Cheryl's

Wee Stamps

Digi Stamp Characters

By LORi Designs

Tiddlyinks

Di's Digi Downloads

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

Digi Doodle Shop

Amber Inks

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Whimsie Doodles

Pixie Dust Studio

Prairie Fairy Designs

Inktegrity

Bee Crafty

Delicious Doodles

Busy Beauties Boutique

My Grafico

Squiggle Fly

KML Digital Designs

Mo Digital Pencil

Shirleys 2 Girls

Soft Pencil

Ippity In My Bucket

Say It With Stamps by Jen

Arlana's New Blog

Arlana's New Blog
"Sweet Things Handmade"

Blog Archive

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Grab A Button