Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Weaving Loom

How many crafters out there in blogville remember
learning to weave on a simple weaving loom like this and making hot pads? 

This was the craft hit of the week for my 7 year old grand daughter along with the Princess Cake that we made last week.  I was totally amazed at how quickly she learned.  I knew the weaving part would be easy for her but I assumed I would be finishing the egde on each of the hot pads.  No...after the first hot pad she had it down to a science even though she is a lefty.  She made 9 hot pads in all and plans to make more on her next sleepover at Grandma's.  Her little brother was totally occupied by an old train set that I pulled out of the attic. 






9 Hot pads in about four hours!!!!
Her summery little bandana is from Girl Scouts!

She also made a snowman out of play dough and
put together her little necklace from Joann's dollar bins. 
Love those dollar bin items!!!

Happy Fourth of July!
Enjoy your week!
Judi

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day crafting. I remember those looms and loved them, so glad she does.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell she is having a blast. Brings back alot of memories. Sam came over last night and she was crocheting on my loom. She was loving it. She imformed me that I have taught her how to do all the crafts she knows how to do. Sure made me feel good. Love being a grandma.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judi she's done so well I remember weaving and I also had/have a press for making paper or pressing flowers etc. Hey there's nothing wrong with us lefty's my sister is a lefty, I'm a lefty, my hubby is a lefty and Liam is a lefty and Ryan bowls and bats as a lefty but writes right handed we are a lefty house hold. She's done such a great job. How about cotton real knitting with the 4 nails in the top do you remember that or did you ever do that in the states? Take care and have a lovely week. It's so nice seeing some of the old crafts being done as there is too much play station, x boxes and ipods. I wish I had a daughter sometimes. We have trains, racing cars, table tennis and a bit of TV and play station in especially in rain. We are off to the mountain next week skiing so I'll post my card on SBS.
    Hugs
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember making these hot pads when I was a kid! She did a great job and I love that you are teaching her all of your craftiness to carry on in the family!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fun time teaching Your grand daughter fun crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sweet Bloomin Scraps. My name is Judi. As you can see, my blog is a little of everything from crafts to cooking and sewing. My two sisters, Nancy and Arlana,are my greatest inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will come back often.

Arlana Patten, Owner

Bugaboo Stamps

A Day for Daisies

Digi Stamp Boutique

Cute As A Button

Doodle Pantry

Meljen's Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Clear Dollar Stamps

Elisabeth Bell

Saturated Canary Digis

The Stamping Boutique

Stamp Fairy

Deidre Mosher Designs

Sassy Cheryl's

Wee Stamps

Digi Stamp Characters

By LORi Designs

Tiddlyinks

Di's Digi Downloads

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

Digi Doodle Shop

Amber Inks

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Whimsie Doodles

Pixie Dust Studio

Prairie Fairy Designs

Inktegrity

Bee Crafty

Delicious Doodles

Busy Beauties Boutique

My Grafico

Squiggle Fly

KML Digital Designs

Mo Digital Pencil

Shirleys 2 Girls

Soft Pencil

Ippity In My Bucket

Say It With Stamps by Jen

Arlana's New Blog

Arlana's New Blog
"Sweet Things Handmade"

Blog Archive

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Grab A Button