Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

You are the Best!





The moment I saw the rooster and hen images at ADFD I knew that I wanted to use one of them.  I grew up on a farm and at times had the responsibility of gathering eggs from the hen house.  I enjoyed getting the eggs, that is...until the ROOSTER would start chasing and pecking me to get away from his harem.  Despite his meanness, I always enjoyed his beautiful colors especially the turquoise feathers. I think I will make peace with the family rooster! So in honor of my favorite rooster I decided to create this card! And then I decided to do a second one.  I love the fun sketch that Sally created for us to use at SSW2.  It was quick and easy to put together.

This is the inside of my cards!


Well, as you can tell. A Day for Daisies is our sponsor this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!  Tammy is an incredibly unique artist. I love her work.  I'm sure you will love looking around her store.  I know you will want more than one image....so why not play along with us this week.  You could be our lucky Grand Prize Winner at SSW2 and win 12 free digis from ADFD.  So start creating and have some fun!  Check out all the rules at SSW2!

 A Day For Daisies began as a small token to a constant need to create. Pairing a love of whimsical illustration, with a tidy graphic design background, Tammy S Thompson, produced her first stamp designs, introducing irresistibly sweet stamps to crafters around the globe. Drawing inspiration from the beautiful world around us, she strives to express the happiness and gratitude she feels in each stamp design she creates.
Presently, A Day For Daisies has grown to over 3,000 Digital Stamps with a quickly expanding line of Best Loved Clear Polymer. A Day For Daisies has been published and awarded over the years for innovative and unique designs created to inspire the crafting community. With a whole team behind her now, she remains passionate about illustration, obsessed with quality, and dedicated to her customers. A Day For Daisies thanks you for your ideas, comments, and creativity!


This is the sketch for this week's challenge!

Jeannie at Dragonfly Journeys also has a sweet color challenge this week.  I added my rooster to her challenge.  Each Sunday Jeannie has a new challenge.  I hope you will check it out and play along too!  Jeannie is a former SSW DT.  She makes gorgeous cards...You will love her creations too!  

My Recipe:
Image:  ADFD Rooster with flower, Studio G You Are The Best
Papers, SU Summer Sun, Poppy Parade, (So Sad,,,this is the last of Summer Sun and Poppy Parade) Stella Rose Gertie Delightful Sweet Stripe Paper
Tools:  Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small, Picot Edge Circles, Petite Scalloped Circles Large, SU Banner punch, EK Banner punch, Cuttlebug Chicken Wire Embossing Folder
Ink: Copics and SU More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Twine and Candy dots

Thanks for stopping by.  I always love your comments!
Happy Crafting!
Judi

10 comments:

  1. Oh Judi I love your cards and your story about the rooster on the farm. I grew up on a farm as well, I was terrified when I saw the geese as the male one would chase me a peck my bum. I love looking at chickens, roosters, ducks and geese but I hate feathers or anything flying around me. See I never use feather embellishments on my cards. I hate touching feathers and if a bird comes in the house I'll have a nervous breakdown and I would shut it in a room and go into another until William gets home and gets the bird out the house. I hate moths flying around me as well. Sad but true... Such pretty cards this week Judi and I adore your creativity with your embellishments and colours and it's so lovely to have you back with us again. Hope all is well with you?
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judi I love your cards and your story about the rooster on the farm. I grew up on a farm as well, I was terrified when I saw the geese as the male one would chase me a peck my bum. I love looking at chickens, roosters, ducks and geese but I hate feathers or anything flying around me. See I never use feather embellishments on my cards. I hate touching feathers and if a bird comes in the house I'll have a nervous breakdown and I would shut it in a room and go into another until William gets home and gets the bird out the house. I hate moths flying around me as well. Sad but true... Such pretty cards this week Judi and I adore your creativity with your embellishments and colours and it's so lovely to have you back with us again. Hope all is well with you?
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi, Your Rooster card is so handsome! Love the colors and your coloring is so perfect! I so want to get some Chickens and have a hen house. Not now, in a few years, when we move out of this house and all kids are off on their own. Not sure about the Rooster after reading your story. Thank you for stopping by my other blog, you crack me up at getting side tracked! Happy to have you with us this sketch. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more, I have been an avid fan of Tammy's work at ADFD for years and these Roosters and Hens are an example of her fine work. I love the coloring you achieved for your rooster and and thrilled you entered your card in our Feathers Challenge. Best to you. Take care and hope we see you again for our next challenge. Kathy, ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are just stunning! I love the way you colored your roosters, the color combination you used and your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing your love of ADFD images and playing along with our "Add A Feather" challenge. Hope to see you back again. Cathy ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your story as much as I love your cards!!! Fabulous idea using the banner as your embellishment. Awesome colors and papers.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Your colouriing of the rooster is perfect! Thanks for joining us for challenge #127 - Add a Feather at A Day for Daisies. Please join us again soon.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen L
    ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judi! I was so pleased to see that you joined me this week with these very handsome guys! Your coloring is fabulous, and I just adore all of the special embellishments you used. Thank you so very much for your kinds words, and of course for joining in on this Color Inspiration challenge with me.

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 fabulous creations, love these designer papers and your bunting.
    This image so reminded me of my mother who in her later years took up lacemaking and one of the projects she made was a picture of a rooster so thanks for the memory.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what I enjoyed more, your story or your gorgeous cards. I am in LOVE with the turquoise in his tail! Simply fabulous work this week Judi!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sweet Bloomin Scraps. My name is Judi. As you can see, my blog is a little of everything from crafts to cooking and sewing. My two sisters, Nancy and Arlana,are my greatest inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will come back often.

Arlana Patten, Owner

Bugaboo Stamps

A Day for Daisies

Digi Stamp Boutique

Cute As A Button

Doodle Pantry

Meljen's Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Clear Dollar Stamps

Elisabeth Bell

Saturated Canary Digis

The Stamping Boutique

Stamp Fairy

Deidre Mosher Designs

Sassy Cheryl's

Wee Stamps

Digi Stamp Characters

By LORi Designs

Tiddlyinks

Di's Digi Downloads

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

Digi Doodle Shop

Amber Inks

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Whimsie Doodles

Pixie Dust Studio

Prairie Fairy Designs

Inktegrity

Bee Crafty

Delicious Doodles

Busy Beauties Boutique

My Grafico

Squiggle Fly

KML Digital Designs

Mo Digital Pencil

Shirleys 2 Girls

Soft Pencil

Ippity In My Bucket

Say It With Stamps by Jen

Arlana's New Blog

Arlana's New Blog
"Sweet Things Handmade"

Blog Archive

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Grab A Button