Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Silhouettes of the Past:
Happy Birthday, Mom!




For Memorial Day both of my sisters posted a card for our mother. So I decided to follow. I couldn't miss the opportunity to post a comment about my mother. Check my sisters blogs for their cards. Sweetberry Designs and Mulberry Station.


I am using the AMYRS3 Sketch for the week.









I chose the SU Pocket Silhouette stamp because it reminds me of my mother's garden. She always had a beautiful yard and flower garden. I loved walking through her garden with her and watching the butterflies come to her flowers. She always worked so hard. She was up at 5 a.m. doing her work so that she could enjoy the rest of the day with her family whether is was working on another project or spending an afternoon shopping with us. I loved to shop with her because she always found the best deals.



The lace doily punch reminds me of all the sewing my mother used to do. She would stay up late at night making matching dresses for her three girls. It was so fun to wake up in the morning and have a new dress for Easter or Christmas.


I chose the polka dot paper and ribbon because Mom loved polka dots. I will always remember her in her darling black dress with white polka dots. She looked so beautiful in that dress. She was very fashion conscious and always wore the most adorable clothes.


Mom's birthday is June 2. If she were still living, she would be 87. This card is a tribute to her for all that she did for our family. We love and miss you, Mom.

Thank you, Mom, for all the beautiful silhouettes of the past.


Stamps: SU Pocket Silhouettes, Short & Sweet
Paper: SU: Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie; Provo Craft Rob and Bob Studio: Green and Polka Dot, Pacon: Blue
Ink: SU Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink
Embellishments: MS Lace Doily, Marvy Butterfly Punch, American Craft Ribbon, flower brads, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossor, Cricut George and Basic Shapes Oval

2 comments:

  1. Here I go....I am crying again. What a beautiful tribute to our mother. Thanks Judi! It is a really sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how bright and cheerful it is! Thanks for playing along!! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sweet Bloomin Scraps. My name is Judi. As you can see, my blog is a little of everything from crafts to cooking and sewing. My two sisters, Nancy and Arlana,are my greatest inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will come back often.

Arlana Patten, Owner

Bugaboo Stamps

A Day for Daisies

Digi Stamp Boutique

Cute As A Button

Doodle Pantry

Meljen's Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Clear Dollar Stamps

Elisabeth Bell

Saturated Canary Digis

The Stamping Boutique

Stamp Fairy

Deidre Mosher Designs

Sassy Cheryl's

Wee Stamps

Digi Stamp Characters

By LORi Designs

Tiddlyinks

Di's Digi Downloads

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

Digi Doodle Shop

Amber Inks

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Whimsie Doodles

Pixie Dust Studio

Prairie Fairy Designs

Inktegrity

Bee Crafty

Delicious Doodles

Busy Beauties Boutique

My Grafico

Squiggle Fly

KML Digital Designs

Mo Digital Pencil

Shirleys 2 Girls

Soft Pencil

Ippity In My Bucket

Say It With Stamps by Jen

Arlana's New Blog

Arlana's New Blog
"Sweet Things Handmade"

Blog Archive

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Grab A Button