Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Kid's View Summer Rock Climb
Sweet Sketch 82

Sponsor:  Bugaboo Stamps


I do hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that you are looking forward to a new year and new memories to create.


This week Bugaboo Stamps is our sponsor at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Jodie's sweet prize for our lucky Weekly Grand Prize Winner is
7 free digis of your choice valued at $21.
What a prize that is...you will definitely want to have a chance for her incredibly fun images!
So be sure to play along at SSW!



This is Arlana's fabulous sketch for this week's challenge! Be sure to check out all of the inspiring DT cards at SSW.


Now I would like to tell you that I have been wanting to use this image at Bugaboo for over 6 months.  It is called "A Kid's View Summer Rock Climb" and reminds me of my two sons who love to mountain climb.  I had so much fun with the textures on this card!  I found the crinkle paper at JoAnns' and the Jute Netting at Hancocks fabric store.


Here they are on Top of Mt Rainier. 

My Recipe:
Image:  Bugaboo AKVS Rock Climb
Papers:  The Paper Co School Days Stripe, The Paper Co Cardstock Poppy,
The Paper Co Ecorce Autumn, SU Baja Breeze
Inks:  Copics and Promarkers, SU Soft Sky
Tools and Embellishments:  Nestabilities Classic Oval Large, EK Trees Border Punch,
Jute, Button, Jute Netting Verano Tan

Have a Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. Judi, I couldn't wait to tell you how much I love your card this week. I knew you did it for your boys and their mountain climbing. I love the texture and the tree punch. I wish I could find that one. They don't have it here...I have looked many times. I love the crickled paper and the jute netting you have used. Just a super card all around!!! Happy New Year!!!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi, what a wonderful card and such a lovely photo of your boys it's just awesome. Your card is super cute. Great texture and that tree punch is lovely. I do love your colours as well. I do hope your boys love this card as much as I do??? Where has 2010 gone too??? and 2011 is just around the corner. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Happy New Year.
    Hugs always
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judi this is the most fantastic card! I just gasped with glee when I saw this posted. Absolutely perfect details all around. Love that jute ribbon and the trees border punch is so awesome here. Love how you colored the mountain this darling boy is climbing! And how fun to see a picture of your boys in their mountain climbing gear like the card image!
    Wishing you the happiest New Year!
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Judi, I love it! All the colours and textures are so cool, I love that tree punch! Its so nice to be able to create a card based on experiences or that reminds us of something or someone, its such an enjoyable thing to do. Wishing you and your family best wishes for 2011. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too stinkin cute! I just love the border punch with the twine and button! Love the photo of your boys - and just look at that view - breathtaking!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Judi, this card is absolutely stunning!!!!! I love all the different textures and fabulous colors! I've gotta admit, my all time fave thing is the tree border punch!!!!!

    Have a Happy New Year!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Judi you really out did yourself on this card! You showcased the image perfectly! All of the texture is amazing! I LOVE it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job you did with coloring in the rocks and all of the textures you added are just perfect. That's a great pic of your sons too!

    Much Peace & Luv to you in the New Year!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't see enough cards for the boys! This is so cute! I love the tree border punch too! :D

    x♥Tracey♥x...ƸӜƷ

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sweet Bloomin Scraps. My name is Judi. As you can see, my blog is a little of everything from crafts to cooking and sewing. My two sisters, Nancy and Arlana,are my greatest inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will come back often.

Arlana Patten, Owner

Bugaboo Stamps

A Day for Daisies

Digi Stamp Boutique

Cute As A Button

Doodle Pantry

Meljen's Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Clear Dollar Stamps

Elisabeth Bell

Saturated Canary Digis

The Stamping Boutique

Stamp Fairy

Deidre Mosher Designs

Sassy Cheryl's

Wee Stamps

Digi Stamp Characters

By LORi Designs

Tiddlyinks

Di's Digi Downloads

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

Digi Doodle Shop

Amber Inks

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Whimsie Doodles

Pixie Dust Studio

Prairie Fairy Designs

Inktegrity

Bee Crafty

Delicious Doodles

Busy Beauties Boutique

My Grafico

Squiggle Fly

KML Digital Designs

Mo Digital Pencil

Shirleys 2 Girls

Soft Pencil

Ippity In My Bucket

Say It With Stamps by Jen

Arlana's New Blog

Arlana's New Blog
"Sweet Things Handmade"

Blog Archive

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Grab A Button