Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shepherds' Delight
Sweet Sketch 78


Wow, can you believe that Christmas is just around the corner!  This year has flown by for me and I think I am not ready for Christmas.  It feels like it should be in about 6 more months!  Remember when you were a kid and the days of the year passed so slowly....seemed like it was forever before Christmas arrived!

Well, I have been trying to get in the spirit with my Christmas cards!  I do have to say that it does help.  I loved this image from Di's Digi Downloads...such a precious image of the shepherds in their fields watching their flocks and viewing that bright star that foretold of the birth of Christ!   It is called Shepherds' Delight.
Oh, I have been wanting to use my Ribbon Tags and was happy when Nancy used her's a few weeks ago with the ribbon ends instead of running the ribbon across the card!  Thanks, Nancy! 
It makes a great sentiment!


is our sponsor this week at
and our DT as created some awesome cards for you to enjoy! 
is offering a very sweet, sweet prize of
5 free digis
So be sure to play along this week with Arlana's wonderful sketch!
All the rules are on the SSW site but be sure to follow the sketch and all the basic elements of it.  The three flowers do not have to be flowers...but just three elements that may go with your card!

Have fun creating! 
We love to see what you can do! 
 And just think you could be the lucky Weekly Winner!


This is a closeup of the Shepherds' Delight.
My Recipe:

Image:  Di's Digi Downloads: Shepherds' Delight,
Inkadinkado Holiday Rubber Stamps: Peace On Earth
Papers:  The Paper Studio A Heartwarming Holiday,
SU Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Copics and Promarkers
Tools and Embellishments:  Nestibilites Classic Square Large, Shapebilities Ribbon Tags Trio,
Fiskars Tree Border Punch, Ribbon, Stars, Jute

11 comments:

  1. Ohh Judi. I just love your adorable card this week. I was looking at that image too. I had a hard time choosing. Your DP is perfect with your image. And, the added stars make the perfect finsihing touch!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi, I just love your card, Nancy has said it, it's adorable. I too had a hard time choosing so glad we only had one double up of images and both cards look so different I had to look at them twice.
    I adore you design papers they are just perfect with your coloured image. Great job you can join us next week ha ha.... if you've got time.
    I laughed what you said about being a child and Christmas came around so slowly and now it's so quick. When I was young I would say to Mum I can't wait for Christmas and my Birthday both being close together and she would say don't wish your life away, life is too short. Now I'm my age I can understand what she meant as you get older time seems to go so much faster. I also think that our lives are more demanding now days.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! I am a huge fan of gingham and I just love the paper and ribbon - oh so pretty! I don't know - the year went slowly for me and I just can't WAIT for Christmas. I am like a big kid though - come on over on Saturday and we can decorate the tree together. Maybe that will get you more into the Christmas spirit ;)

    Have a great week ~
    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya about the time simply flying by!!! Funny how we don't get any older though!!!!!!! I love your card!! Missed that image otherwise I would have scooped that one up too!!! What fabulous coloring and papers!!! It is pure perfection!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just precious! I love this image, your soothing colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the muted tones and the papers match so perfectly. The star buttons are fabulous!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judi I love this Christmas card. What a perfect job of coloring and picking up the colors from the DP. So wonderfully coordinated. The DP is great-very nice paper. And I too love the ribbon end technique with that Spellbinders label-I made note of that when Nancy showed it a couple weeks ago. Gosh, time does go so quickly the older we get. With my kids, I wish it moved more slowly so I get the most of their younger years. Your new blog look is so pretty-I love the colors-so fresh and vibrant. Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Judi I loved watching you creat this card. To bad we cant be together all of the time. You did such a sweet job on picking everything out. It such a perfect card. Love that sweet image. Have a sweet day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judi, fab card! That image is sooo cute and I love the ribbon you've used, its gorgeous. I can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner either, I think someone has been playing around with the clocks! Hope you're keeping well. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh..what a scrumptious card and take on the sketch...i'm so lovin that image..and that ribbon..and how you did the sentiment..beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judi, your card is absolutely adorable with that precious image!! Oh, I just love your pattern papers and the gingham ribbons makes such a striking card! Oh and what a fabulous idea with the sentiment holder and ribbon - Love the look of this!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sweet Bloomin Scraps. My name is Judi. As you can see, my blog is a little of everything from crafts to cooking and sewing. My two sisters, Nancy and Arlana,are my greatest inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will come back often.

Arlana Patten, Owner

Bugaboo Stamps

A Day for Daisies

Digi Stamp Boutique

Cute As A Button

Doodle Pantry

Meljen's Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Clear Dollar Stamps

Elisabeth Bell

Saturated Canary Digis

The Stamping Boutique

Stamp Fairy

Deidre Mosher Designs

Sassy Cheryl's

Wee Stamps

Digi Stamp Characters

By LORi Designs

Tiddlyinks

Di's Digi Downloads

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

Digi Doodle Shop

Amber Inks

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Whimsie Doodles

Pixie Dust Studio

Prairie Fairy Designs

Inktegrity

Bee Crafty

Delicious Doodles

Busy Beauties Boutique

My Grafico

Squiggle Fly

KML Digital Designs

Mo Digital Pencil

Shirleys 2 Girls

Soft Pencil

Ippity In My Bucket

Say It With Stamps by Jen

Arlana's New Blog

Arlana's New Blog
"Sweet Things Handmade"

Blog Archive

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Grab A Button