Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beach Baby
Sweet Sketch 157


My creation today is from Saturated Canary Digis.  This image is called Beach Baby.  Isn't she so adorable?  I love the big eyes that Krista uses for her images.  This week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, Saturated Canary Digis is our sponsor. 
Krista, the owner, is offering two free digis
from her shop if you are the lucky grand prize winner at SSW. 
 So be sure to play along this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

This image reminds me of our adventures as a family at Cannon Beach, Oregon.  In fact the little shell is from our beach combing moments on the beach

I punched the star fish from a MS punch.  The Sand paper is from JoAnn's and is called "Sand."  I decided to use the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder to give some wave texture but the swirls disappeared when I put the image in place.  I also used the Deckle Nestablilities and then a ribbon from Joann's.  I accented the bucket with glossy accents and added stickles to the star fish and shells.

For a year now I have loved using orange and teal together.  My friend's daughter used these colors for her wedding and it was gorgeous!


Be sure to stop by Krista's store.  You will not be disappointed. 

My name is Krista Smith. I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis. I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie. They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.' I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!). And-- I love it!! There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)! I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration! Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community! It's been a true delight! I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog, Saturated Canary Challenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself! I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)


This is the sketch you will be using for this
week's challenge at SSW!

Have a great week creating something special!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Judi I just adore your card this is such a sweet image and your design papers are wonderful and this sketch works perfectly to accommodate you design papers. Love your ribbon and your shell off the beach is the perfect finishing touch to a wonderful card. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi, we have talked about your card so you know how much I love it. Your papers are so amazing and a so perfect with this image. I love the added little shell and star fish. Your iamge is colored up to perfection. Have a great week. It has been wonderful chatting with you the past few days.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi,
    Love how this card turned out. That was a great idea to use the embossing folder on the paper to give it texture and the shell is very cute.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Judi!!!! First of all, I love the colors you used. And your coloring of this sweet image is wonderful. Love your papers and embossing too. Perfect touches all around. Have a wonderful week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. How terrific to use an actual shell that has sweet memories for you ~ I love that! This beach baby is certainly ready and I do like this color combo too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judi, I am so in love with your card...can't think of more perfect papers than you have used and the shell, so pretty!
    She is adorable and you have certainly created a winner with her!
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Judi, beach baby sure is a cutie and coloured so beautifully. Loving the textured background and your pretty accents. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your papers couldn't be sweeter. So perfect for your adorably sweet beach babe. Love your sweet embelishments to. Thanks for all you do. Have a sweet day!!! hugs Arlana

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sweet Bloomin Scraps. My name is Judi. As you can see, my blog is a little of everything from crafts to cooking and sewing. My two sisters, Nancy and Arlana,are my greatest inspiration. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will come back often.

Arlana Patten, Owner

Bugaboo Stamps

A Day for Daisies

Digi Stamp Boutique

Cute As A Button

Doodle Pantry

Meljen's Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Clear Dollar Stamps

Elisabeth Bell

Saturated Canary Digis

The Stamping Boutique

Stamp Fairy

Deidre Mosher Designs

Sassy Cheryl's

Wee Stamps

Digi Stamp Characters

By LORi Designs

Tiddlyinks

Di's Digi Downloads

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

Digi Doodle Shop

Amber Inks

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Whimsie Doodles

Pixie Dust Studio

Prairie Fairy Designs

Inktegrity

Bee Crafty

Delicious Doodles

Busy Beauties Boutique

My Grafico

Squiggle Fly

KML Digital Designs

Mo Digital Pencil

Shirleys 2 Girls

Soft Pencil

Ippity In My Bucket

Say It With Stamps by Jen

Arlana's New Blog

Arlana's New Blog
"Sweet Things Handmade"

Blog Archive

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Grab A Button